Pages

Monday 19 September 2016

Shit, I'm older

Now I have a teenager it made me realise I am getting older, I know, like durr.  I remember my 87 year-old Grandmother telling me she still felt 25 in her head, but her body just disagreed with her and to quote unquote 'it pissed her off' and I sooo get that now.  I once could work all day and drink and party all night, just turn my knickers inside out and rock up at 9am at the office with a cappuccino looking like a fresh faced super model (ish) with the vitality of a sheepdog!  Now I more mint tea/Estee Lauder Overnight Repair Serum/vitality of a hedgehog on a good day.

Ten years of having babies and caring for your children makes you knackered, worn out, brain fried; and of course I wouldn't change it for the world and I never ever want to spend another day wearing inside-out knickers. Now they are older 14.5 and 9.5 the freedom is creeping back in, they are less hands on manual heavy, they do their own stuff and you get get on with yours.  I still have that party animal in me; check me out going to bed at 2am at the weekend, after a hard-core night out, smashing it at game of Pointless, walking home drunk, in the middle of the road after eating a selection of cheeses from around the globe.  Told you, still got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment